On April 15, 2020, Aesthetic Medicine India launched the AM digital series with a live webinar on COVID-19: Impact and Reviving Businesses. Panelists on the session included Dr Amit Luthra, Consultant Dermatologist, Ishira Skin Clinic, New Delhi; Dr Apratim Goel, CEO and Medical Director, Cutis Skin Solution; Dr Meera James, Cosmetic Dermatologist, Founder, Beau Aesthetica Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic and Academy, Cochin and Kottayam; Dr Sonia Tekchandani, Consulting Dermatologist and Antiaging Specialist, Tender Skin International; and Dr Rashmi Sarkar, Professor, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals. The discussion was moderated by Shriyal Sethumadhavan, Executive Editor, Aesthetic Medicine India.
While the discussion focused on the impact of the current scenario and ways in which aesthetic medicine practitioners are looking at reviving businesses, here are some key takeaways from the session:
• In the current scenario, aesthetic medicine practitioners are resorting to the online consultation.
• Telemedicine is on the rise. Patients are being followed-up through WhatsApp and video consultation.
• While clinics are expected to open by May 3, it is recommended that procedures are done by June.
• Monetarily for multi-chain dermatologists’ clinics, it may take six months to recover.
• Digital activities are being held across social media platforms to ensure overall well-being of the people.
• Social media can be used at the finest by posting short videos and DIY at-home remedies to keep clients engaged. Collaborate with influencers.
• Healthcare services such as Pink whale can be used to connect with patients.
• To ensure that your clients have their medicines in check, tie-up with pharma companies who could help resolve the problem.
• Consider digital prescriptions and online digital payments.
• Purchase decision has been impacted; MRs should look at ways of digitally connecting with the doctors.
• Strict safety protocols and social distancing should be followed. It may hinder procedures, but safer than sorry.
This is now being followed with a series of live webinars, interviews and demos as we build engaging content for our aesthetic medicine community.
To know more about our upcoming webinars or be a part of the AM Digital Series, write in to [email protected]
Had a network glitch? Missed parts of the discussion? CLICK HERE for the recorded webinar.