The 23rd annual congress of Cosmetic Dermatology Society (India) – ‘COSDERMINDIA 2019’ – was held in Mumbai. It had a scientific programme that complemented contemporary clincial practice in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The Cosmetic Dermatology Society (India) (CDSI) organised its annual congress COSDERMINDIA 2019 in association with CDCON Foundation from 2nd to 4th August 2019 in Mumbai.
COSDERMINDIA has a legacy of bringing the aesthetic dermatology industry on a common platform and providing the practitioners with clinical breakthroughs, assessments of clinical challenges, trends in aesthetics and much more. Each session at the conference was presented by leading experts in aesthetic industry and offered a thorough analysis of the developments and controversies affecting most practice environments. This year, for the first time COSDERMINDIA had hosted a laser industry workshop by industry professionals along with One full day workshops on Botox, fillers, threads, cryotherapy, sclerotherapy, lasers, EBD and practice management.
Highlights of COSDERMINDIA 2019
1. 7 hands on workshops conducted by stalwarts in the field
2. 5 live demos for better learning
3. Practice booster workshop for enhancing the practice
4. 152 esteemed speakers from across the country
5. 8 international faculty of repute
The thoughtfully curated agenda for the scientific conference included interesting topics such as:
• Chemical peels for treatment of acne and acne scars
• Optimising outcome of acne scars by microneedling
• Practical tips to treat hormonal acne
• How to treat patients asking for a celebrity look
• Remedies for an instant glow
• Treatment of wrinkles in a single session
• Hair smoothening and straightening
• Facials masks
• Nail aesthetics
• All about shampoos, conditioners and serums
• Recent trends in treating hyperhidrosis and body odour
• Fractional laser in aesthetic dermatology
• Optimising output with Pico laser
• Optimising utility of Q-switch in aesthetic domain
• Anti-ageing – combination techniques for the best outcome
Parallel session and workshops were conducted along the sidelines of the conference, both by Indian and international faculty. The idea was to give maximum benefit of knowledge and learning for the attending doctors. The exhibition that was a part of the event also received an overwhelming response from the visitors.
The first two days of COSDERMINDIA 2019 culminated in gala dinner events for all the members with live entertainment and a great opportunity for bonding and networking.
Team CosdermIndia 2019
Congress President – Dr Rekha Sheth & Dr Ranjan Raval
Congress Patron – Dr Kiran Godse, Dr Rashmi Sarkar & Dr Jaishree Sharad
Congress Organizing Chairperson – Dr Amala Kamat & Dr Janak Thakkar
Congress Organizing Secretary – Dr Jagdish Sakhiya
Scientific Chairperson – Dr Krina Patel, Dr Aarti Shah & Dr Bhavini Lodaya
Scientific Secretary – Dr Neetu Rajdeo, Dr Priti Shenai, Dr Kirti Shah, Dr Ginni Chhabria, Dr Smita Nagpal, Dr Anurag Tiwari, Dr Amit Luthra
Congress Treasurer – Dr Kandarp Pandya
Congress Joint Organizing Secretary – Dr Satish Shah, Dr Madhuri Agarwal, Dr Bhavesh Devani, Dr Swapnil Shah, Dr Yogesh Bhingradiya & Dr Keyur Shah
Joint Scientific Secretary – Dr Piyush Borkhatariya & Dr Priyanka Sutariya